We are created! If you wonder how grateful I am about this, you might want to read yesterday’s prayer of thanksgiving for our Creator. For the entire month of January, I have been writing about different aspects of WHO God is and WHAT He does. So, why am I AGAIN thanking God He is Creator?
Yesterday, I concentrated on the EVERYTHING that the Lord created, and I wrote: I am grateful I am not a result of chance, produced out of primordial soup. I am a designed, engineered, made for a purpose, person. Even more, our earth, solar system, universe, and everything beyond was ALL created. The One who created all this, owns and rules His work. We are in obligation to the One who made us and we owe Him praise!
Looking on a macro level at our Creator’s extensive work yesterday left me in awe. Today I want to thank Him on a micro-level. He went to the trouble to program my particular DNA to produce …. well… me. Little, ‘ole me, who often feels inadequate and unable. Awkward. Embarrassed. Uncomfortable.
But I am created! And placed on the created world at this exact time, born in this place, with this pigment, these talents and weaknesses, these gifts and challenges. ALL, on purpose.
From the BEGINNING, God created men and women in His image. One man. One woman. And from that Every. Single. Person. has resulted. Think about the variety in people: height, strength, hair and eye color, skin pigment, etc.
We get all focused on the differences. We divide ourselves into races and ethnicities. But if we are going to be BIBLICAL! about this: One Adam, One Eve. ONE race- the human race. All our differences were packed into two original strands of DNA and every skin, dark to light reflects part of His image.
- So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. (Genesis 1:27 ESV)
- This is the book of the generations of Adam. When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God. Male and female he created them, and he blessed them and named them Man when they were created. (Genesis 5:1-2 ESV)
My Creator has overseen every bit of my formation. I have NEVER been hidden from my Lord. Instead of frustration at what I don’t have, I need to thank Him, who makes no mistakes, for creating me just as I am.
- For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. (Psalm 139:13-16 ESV)
Let’s join together and praise God who created us, just as we are. Our differences demonstrate the vastness of God and were never designed to separate us.
- Thus says the LORD who made you, who formed you from the womb and will help you (Isaiah 44:2a ESV)
- "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations." (Jeremiah 1:5 ESV)
- Upon you I have leaned from before my birth; you are he who took me from my mother's womb. My praise is continually of you. (Psalm 71:6 ESV)
I am created, AS I AM, to bring glory to and praise to the Creator. That statement includes my weaknesses and issues. I have to thank Him for all of me, even the bits that, let’s just say, aren’t my favorite.
- For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:10 ESV)
- the people whom I formed for myself that they might declare my praise. (Isaiah 43:21 ESV)
- Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Psalm 51:10 ESV)
- Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. (2 Corinthians 5:17 ESV)
The Creator continues to work, mold, and make me into the woman He desires. I praise Him that creation never ceases.
- And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. (Philippians 1:6 ESV)
- for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure. (Philippians 2:13 ESV)
- equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. (Hebrews 13:21 ESV)
There is a promise of our Creator continuing to work on us. Our part is to cooperate, thank Him for His hand, go where He leads, and get busy glorifying our amazing Lord!
- Your people shall all be righteous; they shall possess the land forever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I might be glorified. (Isaiah 60:21 ESV)
- And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. (2 Corinthians 9:8 ESV)
Thank You Lord that You created me on purpose. You ordained and allowed my DNA to come together as it did for my unique make-up. I confess that I often complain about what I don’t have. I covet other’s talents and long for abilities I don’t possess. Forgive me for not being grateful for Your calculated design.
You have known me from before I was born, and, in fact, before I was even conceived. I thank You that You planted me here on the earth in tumultuous times. Since You created me and placed me in this spot of history, I ask You to show me what You would have me do with the limitations and gifts You gave me. How can I serve You and build Your Kingdom with how You designed me?
I want to thank You for whatever abilities You have given me. Each one, however small, is a gift, and deliberately planned so I could give You glory. Thank You also for my difficulties. Instead of complaining, I will praise You for where I am weak. I ask You to show Yourself strong in those spots. Since it will obviously be You, and not me, who is accomplishing the good work, You will get the glory! Forgive my complaining spirit. And please forgive me for being jealous of gifts You gave others.
I am most grateful for the life of Jesus IN me. Please never stop creating a new heart in me. May it be molded to love You more, and others better. Please keep working and equipping me to love in ways beyond my own abilities. And I pledge that wherever You plant me, I will do the work You give.
Lord, I just want to say thank You for creating me. Thank You for Your abounding grace which allows me to keeping serving. I don’t have to possess every capability to complete the work You give, I just have to lean into You and allow You to fill up where I lack. You are the perfect Creator, who has made me in a way that I can do NOTHING without You. Thank You, thank You.
Precious child of the King- you are made on purpose and for a purpose. Your talents can build the Kingdom. Your weaknesses are places for Jesus to rush in. You are created! You are loved by the Creator.
How much better to thank God instead of complain. Join me today in praising the Lord, our Creator and Sustainer.
• I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear me forever, for their own good and the good of their children after them. I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me. (Jeremiah 32:39-40 ESV)
Receive these prayers in your inbox for the rest of the month of January, 2018 and join us in concentrating on the amazing God we serve. He deserves our praise! Everyone who signs up will also receive all the prayer links compiled at the end of the month so we can all keep praising and thanking our extraordinary Savior!