Use these Scripture and accompanying prayers when you are struggling to find joy. We must trust the Lord and obey His call to us to be joyful! It can be crazy hard to do when all we really want to do is cry. But Jesus is faithful so we can feel joy!
- Psalm 20:5: May we shout for joy over your salvation, and in the name of our God set up our banners! May the LORD fulfill all your petitions! (ESV)
- May I shout for joy! May Your salvation be what I follow and what I display. May You fulfill my prayers that I would walk through Your joy, pray in Your joy, and love with Your joy.
- Psalm 126:5-6: Those who sow in tears shall reap with shouts of joy! He who goes out weeping, bearing the seed for sowing, shall come home with shouts of joy, bringing his sheaves with him.
- As I sow seeds of Your truth in my kids, I get weary at the work, especially when I don’t see any fruit. But I continue in faith, knowing You promise joy when the reaping occurs. Help me walk in faith and Your joy until that time.
- Isaiah 29:19: The meek shall obtain fresh joy in the LORD, and the poor among mankind shall exult in the Holy One of Israel.
- Thank You Lord, that you have fresh joy for me. Mine is old and tired. I am weary and poor in spirit. Yet, instead of rejecting me for that, You give new supplies. Help me pray for my children with this joy You provide.
Psalm 16:11: You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Dear Lord, maybe the reason I am struggling to find joy is because I have wandered from your presence. It is only with You I find full joy. As I face challenges with my children, please help me stay right by Your side.
- Psalm 63:7: for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.
- I sing for joy to You because You are my help. You are my child’s help. I rejoice for my child because he/she sits squarely in Your hand. Every time I struggle for joy today, please give me a picture of him/her under Your wing.
Psalm 92:4: For you, O LORD, have made me glad by your work; at the works of your hands I sing for joy.
I rejoice that You are at work in me and in my family. I rejoice that all I see is not all that is going on. Your hands are at work in our lives and for that I sing with joy. Please help me remember this fact all day.