It can be difficult to see our circumstances clearly and in light of eternity. Let's pray the Lord gives us glasses to see as He sees!
- Hebrews 4:13: And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account. (ESV)
- Lord, I put up so many covers, thinking I can hide over my sin or my kids’ sins. But You see all. I want to honestly see as You see. While it might reveal the ugliness more clearly, it will also reveal Your mighty Hand which is not surprised at our mess or our needs. Please correct my vision.
- 1 Peter 2:4: As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious (ESV)
- Dearest Jesus, You who were rejected by man, thank You for loving us. Thank You for walking with my family through all of the joys and sorrows of our lives. Thank You for seeing me and my child as chosen and precious. Please open my eyes to see us that way as well.
- 1 Peter 3:4: but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. (ESV)
- Lord, I place the hidden person of my heart in Your hands. As I walk in joy and thankfulness I ask You to develop the beauty of gentleness and rest. I want to trust You to be at work in my child to such a degree that I cease from the worry and struggle. Please help me lean on You so I do that.
- Isaiah 55:8-9: "For My thoughts [are] not your thoughts, Nor [are] your ways My ways," says the LORD. "For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts. [emphasis added](NKJV)
- Thank You Lord that Your ways are higher than mine. My thoughts and heart are tied in knots. Please give me supernatural sight and understanding to be able to see You at work and therefore have a grateful, joyful heart.
- Isaiah 42:6-7, 16: "I am the LORD; I have called you in righteousness; I will take you by the hand and keep you; I will give you as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations, to open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness. ... And I will lead the blind in a way that they do not know, in paths that they have not known I will guide them. I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground. These are the things I do, and I do not forsake them.
- Thank You Lord that You lead the blind and that You promise to turn darkness into light. I confess I am often blind to Your hope when it comes to my kids. I worry over them instead of thanking You for them. Thank You that You promise to take us by the hand and keep us. Help me be a light to those around me through joy and thankfulness.
- 1 Samuel 16:7: But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For [the LORD does] not [see] as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." (NKJV)
- Lord, I am so grateful that You are a God who looks at the heart. I get confused by the outward appearance. I worry about what others think and their good opinion. Please give me eyes to see the heart of my child. I thank You for what is inside my child and for what You will do with him/her.