Nothing changes my attitude more than actively choosing to place all my confidence in the Lord and His work, rather than mine or my child's. Jesus can work in our kids hearts in ways we can't even imagine! Use these Scriptures and suggested prayers to guide your heart into rest in the green pastures of Jesus' sufficiency.
- Psalm 23:2-3: He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. (ESV)
- Thank You Lord that my child is never out of Your sight or care. Please lead him/her through the situations and challenges before him/her. Please bring rest, calm, and restoration. I wait in confidence in Your ability to lead him/her down the paths of righteousness to the glory of Your name.
- Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing. (ESV)
- Lord, please forgive me for thinking my child is all alone. He/she can never be alone, for You are in our midst! You are mighty and You save! I ask You Lord to use Your strength to protect my child whether he/she recognizes You or not. Thank You for rejoicing over him/her. Thank You for quieting him/her be Your love. And thank You for singing loudly over him/her. Thank You for all the power with which You work in and on my child.
- Psalm 138:7: Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand delivers me. (ESV)
- As I find myself smack dab in the middle of trouble, I ask You, Jesus, to protect me. But even more, I ask for protection for my child. He/she is making choices now that put them right in the middle of trouble. Please surround him/her with Your hand and deliver him/her from the enemy.
- Ephesians 2:4-5: But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved-- (ESV)
- Thank You, Lord, for Your great love which loves us even while we are sinners. Because of that love, You save us and make us alive. Thank You for not requiring us to deserve it. I lift my child up to You and ask You to make him/her alive to You. May his/her heart awaken to the glory of Your love. Thank You for working in his/her life.
- Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (ESV)
- Praise You Lord for every plan You have for each member of my family. I rest in the confidence that You are working each circumstance, no matter how difficult, to cause the future result You desire.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:3: But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one. (ESV)
- Lord, I confess I am often not faithful. But You are! You care for Your people. I lift my child to You and rest him/her in Your faithful arms. Please establish his/her heart in You and guard him/her from the enemy. Thank You for being an active, protective God.