Below are scriptures of thanksgiving. There are also suggested prayers pulled directly from the Bible verses. These are just suggestions to help fuel your heart and mind as you pray for your child. We must never stop giving thanks!
- Psalm 79:13 But we your people, the sheep of your pasture, will give thanks to you forever; from generation to generation we will recount your praise. (ESV)
- I am Yours Lord, and my children are Yours. Help my life to overflow with thanksgiving so that my children observe my thankful heart. Help me not stay silent, but instead recount out loud to my family how magnificent You are.
- Psalm 109:30-31 With my mouth I will give great thanks to the LORD; I will praise him in the midst of the throng. For he stands at the right hand of the needy one, to save him from those who condemn his soul to death. (ESV)
- Thank You Lord that You are right beside me as I feel so needy. Thank You that You are at the right hand of my needy child to save him/her. Let my thanks be loud to my family all day. With my mouth I want to proclaim thanksgiving to You.
- Isaiah 25:1 O LORD, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name; For You have worked wonders, Plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness. (NASB)
- Thank You, my God, the One who works wonders and who has a plan for my children. Thank You that You work with perfect faithfulness. You are an amazing God and I thank You for all You are doing in our family.
- 1 Thessalonians 1:2 We give thanks to God always for all of you, constantly mentioning you in our prayers, (ESV)
- Thank You Lord for my children. Thank You that You placed us together in this family. Thank You for their weaknesses and strengths. Thank You for their triumphs and struggles. Thank You for what You are teaching me through them.
- Colossians 4:2 Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. (ESV)
- Today I offer You prayer for my child. Help me have endurance to continue in that, but let me never wander away from a thankful attitude. Thank You that You are in charge.
- Psalm 44:8: In God we have boasted continually, and we will give thanks to your name forever. Selah ( ESV)
- You, Jesus, are all I will boast in. I will not brag about my kids or about myself, because You are what is truly good in our lives. Thank You Lord for all that You are. Thank You that You are busy in my kids’ hearts and mind. Thank You they are never out of Your sight. You are so good.