LOVING LIKE JESUS
Though our own Mama love can overwhelm us, it actually does not come close to the way Jesus loves our kids. When our love better reflects His, all our selfishness and worldliness are stripped away. Use these verses and the suggested prayers that come from them to ask Jesus to transform the way you love your kids.
- Ephesians 4:2-3: With all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. (NASB)
- Please fill us with Your Holy Spirit that He would bond our family together in unity and peace. Holy Spirit, I ask You to teach me humility and gentleness. I ask You to lead my emotions so I respond with patience and loving tolerance.
- Please show me the way to never waver from Your Truth while also preserving unity.
- Colossians 2:1-2: For I want you to know how great a struggle I have on your behalf and for those who are at Laodicea, and for all those who have not personally seen my face, that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself (NASB)
- Lord, as I struggle on behalf of my children, I can become tired and discouraged. Please encourage my heart, and knit my heart with my children’s hearts in love. I ask that through Your grace they would come to full understanding and truly know Jesus.
- 1 Corinthians 1:10: I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment. (ESV)
- By the power of Jesus, I ask You to heal the divisions in our family. May Your love rule our relationships. May Your mind and Your judgments rule our home and may Your presence draw the most wayward heart.
- 1 Thessalonians 2:8: Having so fond an affection for you, we were well-pleased to impart to you not only the gospel of God but also our own lives, because you had become very dear to us. (NASB)
- Dearest Jesus, my life is Yours for You to spend as You desire. As I give my life to my family, please help me never neglect to give them Your gospel. Show me how to make You and Your truth a part of everything I do.
- Colossians 3:12-15: So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. (NASB)
- Thank You for choosing me Jesus. May I be a light of You in my family as Your peace rules in my heart. Even when I am tired, sad, or frustrated, please help me put on Your character. I ask You to give me compassion, kindness, gentleness, and patience in my relationships. Please enable me to humbly bear with hurtful words and actions and to respond with forgiveness. Bond our family with the glue of Your love.