With so many distractions, our kids can be drawn away from the faith by worthless trinkets. Let's pray that can see with inspired eyes and hearts so they know what matters!
- 1 Thessalonians 5:19-24: Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies, but test everything; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil. Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it. (ESV)
- I ask You to teach my child to have the spiritual discernment to test everything he/she is confronted with against Your truth. Help him/her turn from what is evil and to grab on to what is good. Sanctify my child and Lord, please keep him/her blameless and faithful.
- 1 Corinthians 14:20: Brothers, do not be children in your thinking. Be infants in evil, but in your thinking be mature. (ESV)
- Please bring maturity in my child’s thinking. May he/she be wise beyond his/her years and be able to identify truth. But as far as evil goes, please keep him/her an infant, and keep my child’s heart free from the pollution of worldly thinking.
- Romans 12:1-2: I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (ESV)
- By Your mercy Lord, please help my child come to You as a living sacrifice. Protect him/her from the pull and influence of the world. Rather, renew his/her mind
- Jeremiah 15:19b: If you extract the precious from the worthless, you will become My spokesman. (NASB)
- Lord, I ask You to teach my child to find Your precious truth everywhere he/she is. Please cause my child to never lose sight of You, even when surrounded by unbelief or false teaching. May he/she be Your spokesman in the midst of this world.
- Deuteronomy 32:46-47: he said to them, "Take to heart all the words by which I am warning you today, that you may command them to your children, that they may be careful to do all the words of this law. For it is no empty word for you, but your very life, and by this word you shall live long in the land that you are going over the Jordan to possess." (ESV)
- I need wisdom in my own heart to be able to teach that to my child. Please help me to listen, read, and study to Your Word that I can teach them and display Your truth in my life. Please allow Your wisdom to flow from You to me, and then from me to my child. I never want my words or my actions to contradict Your truth. May Your truth enable my child to possess Your land and be fruitful.
- Ephesians 5:10-11, 15-16: and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord. Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them....Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. (ESV)
- Lord, please enable my child to desire to please You more than any other person or thing. Protect him/her from darkness by keeping him/her in the light. May Your give light so he/she can walk wisely and to Your glory in these evil days.