ABOUND MORE AND MORE
Praying that our kids would love what Jesus loves and that their love would overflow onto all those around them blesses our kids. Use the Scriptures and the prayers that follow to ask the Lord to grow your kids love. I always end up praying that Jesus would grow the love in my own heart when I read these verses. Our kids aren't the only ones who need prayer!
- 1 Corinthians 13:4: Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, (NASB)
- Jesus, I ask that You fill my child with Your love. Not one that is selfish, but please fill him/her with a patient, kind, humble, other-focused love. I ask You to give my child the wisdom to see the difference between Your love and the counterfeit emotion the world offers.
- Romans 8:35, 37: Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?...No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. (ESV)
- I so grateful to You Lord, that Your love is so powerful and so complete that nothing can separate us from it. As we walk through distress and danger, help us to believe this fact. As Your love holds us, please help us rest in the arms of Your love.
- 1 John 4:7, 10, 19: Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God....In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins...We love because he first loved us. (ESV)
- I thank You, Jesus, that Your plan is for us to love one another. I ask You to give me love for my child, regardless of how he/she is acting. I ask You to give my child love for You, for our family, and for the world around him/her. Your love for us is sacrificial and complete. It is our model and aim. But I can’t love like You, nor can my child. So please enable us, through the power of Your Spirit, to love in a way that honors You.
- 1 Thessalonians 3:12: and may the Lord cause you to increase and abound in love for one another, and for all people, just as we also do for you; (NASB)
- Oh Lord, cause my child to increase and abound in love for You and for Your people. May it be a holy, life-giving love. Please also give him/her a love for all people, so that You would be seen in his/her life.
- 2 Timothy 1:7: for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. (ESV)
- You do not give a spirit of fear, so I ask You to eradicate fear in my child. I ask You to give and multiply the power, self-control, and love that my child will need to follow You completely.
- Ephesians 3:17, 19: so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith--that you, being rooted and grounded in love, ...and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
- I ask You, Jesus, to live in my child’s heart. Please cause him/her to be planted deep in You and Your love. May he/she know You more completely than any other thing and please fill him/her with all Your fullness.