I know I need wisdom every day. So it shouldn't surprise me that my kids do too! In these times, it is more important that every to ask for diving understanding and heavenly knowledge.
- Proverbs 3:13-14: Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding, for the gain from her is better than gain from silver and her profit better than gold. (Emphasis added, ESV)
- Jesus, I ask You to guide my child so he/she can find wisdom and can grab understanding. May he/she richly overflow with the profit that comes from obtaining wisdom and understanding.
- James 3:13, 17: Who is wise and understanding among you? By his good conduct let him show his works in the meekness of wisdom....But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. (Emphasis added, ESV)
- Lord, please keep us from earthly wisdom when it contradicts Yours. Fill our hearts with Your pure wisdom which brings peace, gentleness, and reasonableness. May we be fruitful and full of mercy, and have a sincere faith in You.
- Deuteronomy 4:6: Keep them and do them, for that will be your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the peoples, who, when they hear all these statutes, will say, 'Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.' (Emphasis added, ESV)
- Thank You for the Bible and all the instruction it contains. Please give my child an understanding of Your Truth. Help him/her to believe everything You say so he/she will be wise and discerning. May others see that in him/her and may that bring glory to Your name.
- Proverbs 5:1-2: My son, be attentive to my wisdom; incline your ear to my understanding, that you may keep discretion, and your lips may guard knowledge. (Emphasis added, ESV)
- I ask You help my child be attentive to wisdom and understanding. Please keep him/her from foolishness and distraction.
- Proverbs 2:6-10: For the LORD gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding; he stores up sound wisdom for the upright; he is a shield to those who walk in integrity, guarding the paths of justice and watching over the way of his saints. Then you will understand righteousness and justice and equity, every good path; for wisdom will come into your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul; (Emphasis added, ESV)
- You give wisdom and knowledge, and understanding comes from You. Please grant my child wisdom and integrity. Be a shield and guard over his/her heart and mind. Fill him/her with a deep understanding of righteousness and justice. Flood his/her heart with wisdom, and soul with knowledge.