There are really only two options for how we all got here. One, after a REALLY Big Bang (not sure where the energy came from), the smallest of particles bumped around, joined up, formed atoms, somehow multiplied, and then one thing led to another until millions and millions of years later there are incredibly complex, intricate plants, amoebas, reptiles, birds, fish, and mammals. OR, God created it all.
Personally I find it takes more faith to believe in evolution, which, though labelled “settled science” (I am thinking Galileo would HATE that phrase), is far from proved. And even more importantly for me, since the Lord begins His inspired Word with the detailed authoritative claim of creation, I am choosing that option.
I am grateful I am not a result of chance, produced out of primordial soup. I am a designed, engineered, made for a purpose, person. Even more, our earth, solar system, universe, and everything beyond was ALL created. The One who created everything, owns and rules His work. We are in obligation to the One who made us and we owe Him praise!
BECAUSE He is Creator, the Lord is worthy of glory and honor.
- "Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created." (Revelation 4:11 ESV)
Earth sustains life because of its exact distance from the sun, the way it orbits our star, and MANY more details. It turns out, having a planet be viable for habitation is incredibly complicated. (watch the video at the end of the post for a great explanation) Our Creator God set the earth precisely where it needed to be so we could live. That deserves rejoicing!
- Bless the LORD, O my soul! O LORD my God, you are very great! You are clothed with splendor and majesty, ... He set the earth on its foundations, so that it should never be moved … I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have being. May my meditation be pleasing to him, for I rejoice in the LORD. (Psalm 104:1, 5, 33-34 ESV)
With all your technological advances we still don’t know how big the universe is. But here is one thing I know- however big it turns out to be, the One who created it and holds it together is BIGGER.
- "You are the LORD, you alone. You have made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them; and you preserve all of them; and the host of heaven worships you. (Nehemiah 9:6 ESV)
The Lord created the world for people to inhabit, therefore His people belong to Him. Giving thanks to my Creator confirms my allegiance to the One who sets the rules. He doesn’t answer to me, I answer to Him.
- For thus says the LORD, who created the heavens (he is God!), who formed the earth and made it (he established it; he did not create it empty, he formed it to be inhabited!): "I am the LORD, and there is no other. (Isaiah 45:18 ESV)
Creation holds beauty, complexity, variety, From the vastness of the universe to the intricacy of the atom, the Lord made it all. The more I examine creation, the more I stand in awe of the Creator. What great power His every Word contains.
- For the word of the LORD is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness. ... By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, and by the breath of his mouth all their host. He gathers the waters of the sea as a heap; he puts the deeps in storehouses. Let all the earth fear the LORD; let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him! For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm. (Psalm 33:4, 6-9 ESV)
The God strong enough to still the roaring of the seas, gives me hope. The Lord mighty enough to calm the tumult of the people, brings me joy. I stand in awe of Him and His power.
- …O God of our salvation, the hope of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest seas; the one who by his strength established the mountains, being girded with might; who stills the roaring of the seas, the roaring of their waves, the tumult of the peoples, so that those who dwell at the ends of the earth are in awe at your signs. You make the going out of the morning and the evening to shout for joy. You visit the earth and water it; you greatly enrich it; (Psalm 65:5b-9a ESV)
He made all the exists, so it belongs to Him. The Creator also made me- I belong to Him, therefore I will worship, bow down, and make a joyful noise of thanksgiving to Him.
- Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land. Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the LORD, our Maker! (Psalm 95:2-6 ESV)
Oh Creator God, I stand in awe of Your power and might. I am as amazed at the vast universe as I am at the intricate precision and complexity of the atom. The creation You engineered is beyond understanding. All of creation shouts Your name!
Thank You, for setting this earth precisely so we could live here. You are seen in every part: the majesty of the mountains, the power of the oceans, the stark beauty of the desert, the palette of color in flowers. You provided air for us to breathe, and food for us to thrive. I give You glory for the beauty, variety, and attention to detail observed at every turn. I praise You as the most amazing artist imaginable.
I praise Your unending power observed in the creation of this immense universe. My words fail to express the wonder I feel when I contemplate how BIG You really are. Forgive me for the many times I doubt if You can take care of my issues, when Your might is so immeasurable.
Knowing You as my Creator, means I belong to You, and I am so grateful for that. Thank You for creating the earth to be inhabited and desiring people to know You. Your might and strength helps my heart to trust and hope in You.
I worship and bow down to You, my Maker. I am so grateful to be Yours!
Dear One, there is so much confidence, joy, and hope to be found in the knowledge of God as our Creator.
I invite you to join me today in slowing down to observe the sophisticated world around us. Observe nature. Listen to birds singing. Look deep into someone’s eyes. Then gaze heavenward and imagine how vast the universe reaches. The Creator, who made ALL THAT, created and loves you.
If you want some GREAT information about the creation of the Universe, watch the video below. Only 5 minutes, but fantastic!
- Shout for joy to God, all the earth; sing the glory of his name; give to him glorious praise! Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds! So great is your power that your enemies come cringing to you. All the earth worships you and sings praises to you; they sing praises to your name." (Psalm 66:1-4 ESV)
Receive these prayers in your inbox for the rest of the month of January, 2018 and join us in concentrating on the amazing God we serve. He deserves our praise! Everyone who signs up will also receive all the prayer links compiled at the end of the month so we can all keep praising and thanking our extraordinary Savior!